Please wash your garment before wearing!
It’ not hard to wash your new DTG shirts. Or regular shirts for that matter. In a nutshell, the important parts are no hot water, no hot dryer, no bleach. For more detailed instructions, read on.
DTG (Direct To Garment) printing requires a preparation to the material that allows the ink to permanently bond to the fabric, maintaining vibrant colors and wash durability.
To get the longest life of your DTG printed apparel, follow the following steps.
- Machine was cold, inside out, gentle cycle. (Great advice for all your clothes, actually!)
- If you must use bleach, use a non-chlorine bleach, and only when necessary.
- DO NOT use fabric softeners.
- Tumble dry (inside out) LOW, or hang dry for longest life.
- Yes, you can use a cool iron, but again, just iron your apparel inside out. And remember – do not iron directly on the decoration (goes for regular screen printed shirts too).
- DO NOT DRY CLEAN.
- High temperatures, in the wash or the dry, are not your friend. It can cause fading and cracking of the print.